Zombie Adventure - Game 86 (Minting Madness) - Sign up here
This is sort of a board game and can take up to 12 players at a time. It will require daily participation. If you are interested in playing, please sign up as a reply to this post. The first 12 players to sign up get to participate. If there are less than 12 players signed up after 24 hours of this post going up, it will either begin with those players or be postponed if less than 3 sign up.
Each player will have 3 actions per turn. An action is a move of 1 space, a trade with another player in the same square, an offensive action (fighting), picking up an objective or item, a search or breaking down a door.
After all players have completed their 3 actions the zombies will take their turn. Zombies will spawn at locations marked "spawn zone" and any zombies already on the board will move or if in range, attack.
Runners (R) can move up to 2 squares per move.
Walkers (W) and Hulks (H) can move one square per move.
ALL zombies get just 1 action per turn and will move towards noise made by the players or those in sight. All zombies will inflict 1 damage to players if they make a successful hit and can only fight if they are in the same square as a player.
- If a player is in the same square as a zombie, they MUST engage in combat and cannot run away.
- Runners and walkers can be killed with a successful hit using a weapon that does 1 damage (or 2 bare-handed hits).
- The hulk requires 2 damage points to kill it. One hit with a weapon that does 2 damage or multiple hits with lesser weapons will kill it.
Players can take 3 hits before they die. Players do not re-spawn and are out of the game if they die, but they can earn back 1 life point for every 7 kills they collect or 7 coins minted or a combination of 7 coins and kills.
Ranged weapons cannot be used against zombies in your square when there are other players in the same square (hand to hand combat only). If you are the only player in the square with a zombie you may use a ranged weapon. Shooting INTO a space where other players are will result in the players being hit before zombies are hit. With multiple targets in a space, the order of taking damage from a successful hit with a ranged weapon will be as follows: player, walker, runner, hulk. Note that you may shoot past a space with potential targets in it without hitting anyone/thing by accident. Simply state which space you are targeting and which weapon you are using (of course ONLY a long-range weapon can do this).
Please pay attention to the moves that have transpired before you, so that your choices are based upon facts as they are and not as they were before (the people that played before you, just altered the situation).
- Axe does 2 damage and can be used to open doors by attacking them. If swinging at enemies that have just 1 health, the axe can chop down that enemy and continue through to a 2nd enemy (swing-through), dealing another damage point to any enemy that is also in the same square.
- Bare hands can do only half a point of damage (so it takes 2 successful hits to kill a 1-point enemy).
- Baseball bats, pistols, rifles and crossbows do 1 damage. Pistols and crossbows have a range of 1 square. Rifles can reach 2 squares.
- Sawed-off shotgun or scattergun: Since buckshot scatters, it would make a big hole shooting in the same square (hence 2 damage); at one space distance it loses momentum and scatters, doing less damage, but can hit 2 targets (dealing 1 damage each).
- CZ 550 is an Elephant Rifle and can do 2 damage at a range of 1 square (or less) and 1 damage at a range of 2 squares.
- A Molotov Cocktail kills everything in the square it is thrown into and cannot miss. It has a range of 1 square. Combining gasoline and a torch makes a Molotov Cocktail. When a Molotov is thrown, it will burn for the entire day and the following day, essentially blocking access for the rest of the day and the next day for BOTH zombies and players.
- To determine if attacks are successful or not, use my online tool or do a manual roll. A roll of 1 to 3 is a miss. A roll of 4 to 6 is a hit.
- Ranged weapons cannot shoot through walls. Out in the street it is possible to shoot straight lines-of-sight a distance of 2 squares, however, inside buildings, you can only shoot what you would be able to see from the doorway (1 square beyond your room). Shooting is only possible at 90 degree angles (no diagonal shots into adjacent spaces).
- Searches might uncover a hiding zombie! Items found will be drawn randomly from my on-line tool.
- Searches can only be done in rooms, vehicles or dumpsters and only 1 search per player per turn. If a player searches using a torch, additional items will be found depending on the number of torches entered into the search script. There is no limit to the number of times any particular area can be searched.
- Players need not take everything they find and are free to swap items found for inventory items without using another action to do so. For instance, if I find a rifle and everyone in my team already has a ranged weapon, I would drop my x-bow or pistol and take the rifle in its place.
- Players can carry up to 5 types of items each.
- Picking up an objective is NOT a search; it is a guaranteed action.
- Each day will spawn new zombies at the spawn zones based on dice rolls as described below.
- When a door is opened, zombies will be spawned in each room of that building based on dice rolls.
- 6 spawns a Hulk, 5 spawns a runner, 4 or 3 spawns a walker and 2 or 1 spawns nothing.
Teleporters (Blue T) / Tunnels (Green T)
- Where such items exist, it will require an action to use/open them. In the case of a teleporter, only entering one will take an action and the player will be moved into the square of the other "T". In the case of tunnels, players will spend ONE ACTION running through the tunnel before emerging at the other "T".
- Entering a locked room via tunnel or teleporter triggers a room-spawn as if the door had been opened.
- A dice roll will be used to see if each zombie following players into a teleporter is smart enough to follow or gets confused and simply loses the trail of the player that disappears into a teleporter. Success or failure is the same as for attacks (1 to 3 = fail & 4 to 6 = success)
Each player will announce their intended actions in the replies to each daily post.
Tell me your player number and what you intend to do. If you are unsuccessful, you may suggest an alternate action rather than attempting a 2nd time.
For example: Player 3; move west 1; use pistol to shoot at zombie in next square west, rolled 1 and missed; move back.
Alternatively: Player 3; move west 1; use pistol to shoot at zombie in next square west, rolled 1 and missed; shoot again, rolled 5 and hit.
In both cases, player 3 made 3 actions and their turn is over.
Trading between a pair of players (both must be in the same square) may include any number of items in 1 transaction but still only counts as 1 action by 1 player (the player initiating the trade).
Players are free to collaborate and plan their strategies; this is a cooperative game.
Additional twist: Before each player takes their daily turn, roll a D20 to see if you get any bonus. Please note that the bonus must be used during the CURRENT TURN. If you do not specify to which action you wish to apply the bonus, it will be applied to your first action where applicable.
I will update the board with new player positions and zombie positions for the next day's play.
The object of the game is for each player to have at least 7 coins in their inventory, which will earn them a Hive SBI.
Tagging players @halemaster, @adnanibrahim, @pbock, @agr8buzz, @erikaflynn, @aussieninja, @pandorasbox, @goose20, @paulag, @hasnain06, @foodforfun, @rayne122, @dksart, @knightofzero, @shifat, @justatouchfey, @adenijiadeshina, @andre-verbrick, @mariita52, @bashadow, @nextgen622, @zacherybinx, @cyber.explorer, @hhayweaver, @improv, @badpupper, @simplegame, @holybread, @stever82, @mannaman, @amaillo, @jfang003, @luizeba, @shani.chaudhary, @numanyousaf, @secret-art, to let you know that a new game is about to begin. Let me know if you want to be taken off the list.