Yellow flower with bee in color splash effect
I put myself into the tricky challenge of creating a color splash version of this shot.
Firstly, the blurred edges require extra care to make it look s clear and defined as possible. I had to constantly check if my encroaching too much into the background. There is no fine detail along the edges that I could refer to aside from the difference of colors. That's the reason why the edges of the flower appear to be yellow-green.
The next challenge in this shot is the bee at the center of the flower. The process of separating the bee from the flower is painstaking. Although there is a clear detail on its edges, the superfine details made it challenging for me to even see it clearly. This is the part that took me the most time painting around the bee.
I also made another version of the same subject with a different angle.