Here is another Gridcoin project stats update. Every week I look at the project chart developments and highlight an interesting aspect in the charts provided below. This week I’ll look at the overall developments between RAC and GRC in the last 3 months.
Three months ago, when I started to collect information for each whitelisted project, I assumed that there would be a linear relation between the Team RAC and the amount of GRC to earn. With this I mean that the more RAC the team would generate for a project, the less GRC you would receive per 1k RAC.
To confirm this, I compiled an overview of 23 out 25 whitelisted projects. Two projects were excluded because they moved from CPU to GPU mining during this period and it would give a distorted picture to include them.
The table below presents the following information:
- The 23 whitelisted projects
- The change in team RAC output for each project in the last 3 months
- The change in GRC earnings for a system per 1k RAC for each project in the last 3 months
I was positively surprised about the results. Although the RAC output has increased with 45% on average for all projects, the GRC earnings per 1k RAC has only dropped by 5%. There are even 3 projects where both the RAC output and GRC earnings per 1k RAC went up. Unfortunately I can’t explain these results but I’m sure that there will be people in the community who can, so I’m looking forward to your comments.
And here are the charts for all projects, with the definitions per indicator at the end of the article.
- Recent Average RAC = The total amount of RAC produced by all systems within the Gridcoin network.
- Team RAC vs Overall RAC % = The proportion of RAC output team Gridcoin has produced as part of the overall RAC for the project.
- GRC per 1k RAC = The amount of GRC you will receive for a system per 1000 RAC points.
Example: You have a system which is running Rosetta@home with a RAC value of 3500. According to the chart on 30-Oct, you should gain 3.5 x 0.42 GRC = 1.47 GRC per day for this system.
- USD per 1k RAC = The amount of USD you will receive for a system per 1000 RAC points.
Example: You have a system which is running NFS@Home with a RAC of 4700. According to the chart on 30-Oct, you should gain 4.7 x $0.29= $1.36 per day for this system.
- Gridcoinstats (https://www.gridcoinstats.eu/)
- BOINCStats (https://boincstats.com/)
- Coinmarket (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gridcoin/)
Thanks for reading and follow me for more BOINC & Gridcoin related articles.