In recent times, there have been an alarming increase in domestic violence; husbands battering their wives, boyfriends beating their girlfriends. This is totally unacceptable and morally wrong in any society. I know some men will raise up the recent issues about wife’s abusing their husbands too but that will not be addressed in this article.
Janet married Frank a year ago. During courtship, they had the best understanding which convinced them to get married. Three months after marriage, Frank changed. He started beating her at the slightest provocation and begged her with expensive gifts after hospital visit. One particular day, the doctor called her to his office and asked her several questions about her continual visit but she lied to cover up her husband. One tragic night, Frank got home drunk and was angry she had slept before he came. He bounced on her and she hit her head hard on the wall. She later died of head injury.
This is just one out of many stories in the media today. They are heartbreaking and the outcomes are always terrible. That is exactly what prompt me to write this piece.
Dear Mr. Macho, Hulk Hogan or Mike Tyson, before you raise that hand up to hit a woman, I want to remind you that women are supposed to be treated like an egg because they are fragile, they deserve to be loved, taken care of, understood and respected. Even though they can be annoying when trying to make a point, men should listen and resolve as the head of the house. Violence never solve any issue.
A man that beats a woman is not fit to be called a man. I am not subtle about this issue. How do you think a woman will feel after battered face or broken bones? Well, if you think I am not convincing enough, read this part carefully.
EFFECTS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ON WOMEN
1.) Physical Effect: You can never compare scar to a skin. Many women have been disfigured due to these abuses. The eyes and mouth get swollen, sometimes they lose teeth due to hard punch. Physical effect is evident and obvious than other effects.
2.) Psychological Effect: Psychology has to do with the mind. Most women have become living corpse due to the battering they have experienced. They cover up the problems and think about the issues till they eventually loose their minds. The few ones that walk out of the relationship or marriage suffer from trust issues, they find it hard to believe any other man.
3.) Social Effect: We have heard cases of women covering up for their men so they wouldn’t judge them. This result to them withdrawing from the social circle; their family, friends and relatives. This is eventually bad as it actually leads to psychological problem.
4.) Health Effect: Women are still weaker vessels when compared to men. Imagine an 80kg beating up a 50kg woman, the effect will be terrible. Physical abuse have led to serious health issues such as fracture, dislocation and sometimes, internal injury. Eventually, this can lead to death.
Imagine what you are putting your woman through all because of your actions. Learn to walk away and be patient. It is better to be silent than be violent.
Dear men, before you raise your hand to beat up a woman, can you imagine how your daughter will feel if she is beaten by a man severally? Imagine beating up your woman and she dies, then you have to fend for the children alone and face the law for murder. Remember the marital vows and love before you raise that hand up and STOP.
Let us come together and say NO to domestic violence/physical abuse in our society today. Thank you.
The girls foundation is a project set up to enlighten young ladies of their norms and value, advocate for the girl-child, encourage and support them with the little we can.We believe the girl-child can bring about change in our society. Women are essential to the nation because they take care of its children, the children are the future leaders of the nation, if you are familiar with the bible you must have heard of this verse “train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he won‟t depart from it”.Girls foundation was founded by a group of selfless ladies, it is a non�governmental organization an d believes in decentralization.
- To enlighten youths of their purpose in life. We believe once you know the truth and purpose of your existence you are free, the journey to success and failure now lies in your hands.
- Rape free society- Rape is a sexual assault carried out against a person forcefully. The rate at which girls are being raped these days is alarming, we are also humans and we deserve respect. Most rape victims suffer from trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder, serious injuries and in some cases pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection.
- Fight against domestic violence- it is also known as intimate partner violence, domestic abuse or family violence ; it's a form of violence committed in a domestic or family setting, such as in marriage or cohabitation. It is called intimate partner violence when committed by spouse and called family violence when it involves the kids, parents or elders. Domestic violence has several effects on human that's is why girls foundation is picking it up. Effects of domestic violence
1.) Physical effect: This involves bruises round the victim, broken wrists, shortness of breath etc.
2.) Mental effect: This involves PTSD (post-traumatic stress),
pressing, drug abuse, suicidal thoughts etc.
3.) Emotional effect: This involves feeling unworthy, hopeless and not motivated etc.
4.)It affects the development of the kids and they suffer from
depression, anxiety, fear etc
Domestic violence always produces an international cycles of
violence. Funny, only few people see themselves as being abused; considering it as family matter.
- Girl education: Some people still believe that training a female child is a waste of time and money 'cause they feel she'd still end up in the kitchen, well sorry to disappoint you but ladies can do much more than just being house wives, lots of educated women are doing fine in our society today. Every child deserves equal right to education.We don't think anyone should be treated differently because of their gender, we are all one and it's high time we realized that.
The primary aim of the girls foundation is to enlighten youths and increase the awareness of the steem blockchain and steemit. Giving girls the ability to create wealth with their writing skills, without waiting for the government intervention.
Visit to the orphanage
2nd of July 2018 the girls foundation visited Lemu orphanage home in port Harcourt, Nigeria.
After which we talked to the owners of the orphanage and presented the little gift we got for them.
Then we moved on to the story section which was the most interesting aspect of the visit. I handled the story section and i told the kids two stories, titled "the honest wood cutter" and "the man and the little cat"
Visit to enlighten young ladies
On the 13th of June 2018 we visit the females of new era collage.
- We gave a briefing about the foundation and it's goals
- Gave lectures
- Question and answer section
- Gift section
- And the amazing pictures section.
Distribution of writing materials to assist the educational sector
We visited the school on their graduation, 19th July 2018 to give the graduating students and the best graduating students gifts to encourage them.
You can support the @girlsfoundation by following our trail using steemauto.com
We would be so much be glad and grateful if you could support @girlsfoundation with your Delegation by simply clicking any of the preferred links below. Many Thanks for your support.