I'm working on plugging into the system.
The wind in the trees brushes the leaves. The window has rusty hinges and a dirt-smiley face drawn on the grease covered glass.
My pencil bounces up and down on the paper. Mom is downstairs cooking. The intoxicating smell of pork chops with herbs and vegetables makes my stomach churn.
The clock on the wall reads 6:45. Dad isn't home yet.
Noticing the lights coming down our long, narrow road, I get up from my seat and head out the door of the front to greet my father at his vehicle.
Freewrite brought to you by @mariannewest and @freewritehouse
If you would like to find out what freewriting is all about, go here.
If you are enjoying my work -
- Upvote my posts through steem auto and add the other people and groups you would like to support.
- The Most Dangerous Writing App - This program keeps me from getting to bogged down with what I think is the perfect way. It forces me to keep writing no matter what comes to mind.
- Grammarly - I use this app all the time to catch my mistakes. If I didn't have a spell checker, you would be lost in my world. haha!
- Hemmingway App: Another useful tool to help you make your writing more clear, comprehensive, and easier to understand.
- Steem World: After the @ symbol, enter your name or anyone elses name to see a host of information regarding what is going on with an account.
- Pixabay: Photo that you can use freely in your blog posts.
twenty-four hour short story - You gotta be quick to get this one posted in time. He posts the contest on Sunday (usually) and ends it about 48 hours later. This contest has a 2000 word limit.
Finish the Story Contest - The contest begins on Wednesday (usually) and end 5 days later. This contest will test your write skills with something a little different each week. Pletty of time to write something around the 500 word mark.
Random Games - Yes, random. She will put this contest out on Thursdays (usually) and end it after post pay out (usually). This is challenging because you don't know what you are going to get.
Steem Monsters Common Card Fantasy Story Contest! - Coming out roughly every week. If you enjoy card games like Magic, Yugio, and others like it, you might like this game. Write a fictional tale about the card they present in the contest and your entry just might be the one they choose to showcase.
Tell A Story To Me, And Win 5 SBD! Writing Contest - Kind of random when it comes out but don't worry. You will have two weeks to complete your work of art from the given prompt. Have fun!
Haiku - These are coming out every couple days or so. If you stuggle with rhymes, no worries. Haikus don't have to rhyme. All you need to make a haiku is five syllable on the first, seven syllables in the second line, and again back to five syllable for the last line. So easy it makes me think I'm being super product. LOL
My Completed Freewriting prompts:
|Ongoing Stories||Numbered in Order of Story's Progression|
|Detective Story||#1 Trolley #2 Flea #3 Awakening|
|Suspense/Horror||#1 Late #2 Banana #3 Paper #4 Tree #5 5 #6 Home Alone #7 Doctor’s Office|
|The Stall||#1 Medium #2 The Stall #3 The Stall #4 Mice #5 Detective #6 Homeless #7 Eyebrows #8 40 Percent Off #9 One Year #10 The Stall|
|Church||#1 Church #2 Ornate #3 Chips #4 State|
|Butterfly||1. Old Maid 2. Pitiful 3. Headache 4. coffee 5. Three Grapes 6. Helicopter 7.Helpless 8. Overslept 9. Smooth as Silk|
|#52 Caterpillar||#85 Wildflower||Hardboiled Minds||Grief|
|Towels||See You on the Other Side||Tears||Light||Mask|
|We-writes (collaborations with community members)|
|Monster||Eagle Scout 1st Entry: 2nd Entry: 3rd Entry||Smooth as Silk||Torment of the Light Bulb|