Is your body acidic or alkalised?
Many factors are involved when creating and supporting cells and tissues in our body. For support they hydrate, regulate temperature, supply nutrients and maintain PH.
PH means potential of hydrogen.
Put simply the more hydrogen in a particular solution means the more acidic it is.
PH is extremely important to keep in check as our bodies are designed to run in a very tight PH range. 0-14 with above 7 being alkalising and below 7 acid. A PH of 7 is neutral.
Swaying away from this range can cause;
- Fatigue or chronic fatigue
- Headaches, acne
- Bad immune system
- Gaining weight or being underweight
- Feeling tired, low energy
- Heart problems, cancer
- Low bone density, osteoporosis
- Digestive issues
- Brittle nails and hair
- Infections, allergies, candida
- Heavy breathing
So how do we alkalise our bodies?
All through diet!
The below food your should try to consume abundantly!
- All Vegetables, especially when Green and Raw
- Mushrooms, Sprouts, Legumes
- Leafy Greens like Spinach
- Fruits like Melon, Apple, Berries, Grapes, Lemon.
- Pumpkin, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Beets
- Grains like Amaranth, Millet & Quinoa
- Fresh Beans, Green Peas, Lima Beans, Soy Products
- Nuts & Seeds
- Onions, Garlic, Leek and Herbs/Spices
- Wheat and Barley Grass, Algae like Spirulina and Chlorella
Dairy products, processed, meat, high caffeine, sugar/ sweeteners, tobacco and alcohol are all things that increase acidity in the body.
How to make a start.
Firstly start with drinking lots of water, adding lemon will have that extra kick!
When you wake up have a large glass of water and shot of apple cider vinegar.
Start to combine the above foods with all meals. Organic preferable and trying to replace some meat meals with organic foods high in protein and iron.
It's all a process and a matter of changing habit.
Soon enough these foods will be the norm and be a continuous part of your daily intake all benefiting hugely to your overall health!