This recipe is really easy and quick to prepare (I spent more time writing this post than preparing the dessert and washing the dishes).
The lemon mousse is a great option if you're having guests at your place!!
I decided to enter on the SCC14 because ...
When life gives you lemons...you know, make a lemon mousse!!
We usually have lots of lemons at our home because there is always someone in the family that has lemon trees and offers us...so it's great!!
- 387 grams condensed milk (1 can)
- 200 ml heavy whipping cream (chantilly)
- 3 lemons
- Electric mixer (for the chantilly)
- Grater to zest the lemons
- Wash the lemons and zest the peel. Cut them in halves and squeeze their juice.
- Place the condensed milk in a bowl and add the lemon juice. Stir carefully.
- With the electric mixer beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form (don’t overbeat the cream);
- Add the cream gently to the previous mixture.
- Place the mousse in a serving bowl, cover with the lemon zest and refrigerate for 1 hour.
It's ready to serve!!
Hope you enjoyed!!
P.S. I would like to add @shadowspub recommendation: "To remove as much of the spray residue as possible from your lemons, place them in a bowl of warm water with a tablespoon of vinegar added then gently rub the skin. Rinse with cold water and enjoy the zest." I didn't need to have them properly washed because they came from family lemon tree!
BADGES Courtesy of @elyaque