Did someone say (really) healthy (too good to be true) burger? Vegans and their kale, amiright? What if that kale was hidden in a delicious burger, would you be into it?
Let's get the show on the road, shall we?!
What you need:
- Kale (juiced, using only the fiber)
- Kidney beans (soaked overnight)
- Corn (cooked)
- Sweet potatoes (cooked)
- Eggplant (cooked)
- Chia seeds (soaked in water)
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Coconut oil (for frying)
What to do:
- Place all ingredients (except chia) into a food processor and blend together.
- Try to keep your ratio 50% kale, 50% veggies with spices to your pallet!
- Save the chia for the next step!
- Put your mixed up ingredients into a bowl and manually mix with your hands,
- Chia is needed to keep these sticking together. (When chia is soaked in water it is known as a chia egg)
- Continue to add in small amounts of chia egg until you get the consistency you like, making it easy to ball up into your hands!
- Make mixture into patties and either bake them or fry them gently with coconut oil (I don't have an oven so I fried mine)
- Cook on each side for about 5 minutes, until you get your desired level of crispy!
- Serve with some homemade tomato vegan 'cheeze' sauce if you like it saucy like that ;)
(If you want that recipe, you'll have to stay tuned because I didn't document it and will need to redo it again to share it in its glory with you!)
ENJOY and SHARE!
Sending you love through (plant-based/vegan) food, as always! If you are new here, it's great to have you here!
I am obsessed with food as you'll surely see, and I am a strong believer in the power it has within it, and the ability it has to heal us! I aim to inspire through my recipes and posts and hope to connect with you here, through your heart. Some say the way to the heart is through the stomach, I 100% agree with that theory ;)
I believe in sharing what makes the heart happy, if you'd like to see more, come on by @heart-to-heart!😘
Here is a recent recipe for my all time favourite dessert, ever! check it out here!
PS: I am also running veganwednesday challenge every week! See here for more details on how to participate (and win by sharing some love!)
Until next time,