Spicy lentil soup with turmeric
- 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 onion;
- 3 cloves garlic;
- 2 teaspoons turmeric;
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin;
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon;
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom;
- 500 g of tomatoes in its own juice;
- 500 ml of coconut milk;
- 140 g of red lentils;
- 850 ml of water or vegetable broth;
- salt - to taste;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- ground red pepper - to taste;
- 140 grams of spinach.
In a large saucepan or pot, warm the butter, place the chopped onion and garlic there and cook for 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with spices, stir and fry another minute.
Add chopped tomatoes with vegetables, coconut milk, lentils, water or broth and other seasonings to vegetables. In the water, you can add a vegetable broth cube. Stir, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce the heat, remove the lid and cook for about 20 minutes, until the lentil is softened.
Remove the soup from the fire, put whole or chopped spinach into it and mix several times.