At 22:00 UTC of June 2, 2018, registration of EOS public keys is closed.
To achieve this, the very first transaction that tries to call upon the smart contract that controls this crowdsale will initiate the freeze function.
There has been an incredible increase in the percentage of registered tokens, with an over 98.5% level having been reached a day prior. This is great news, showing that the community has taken the steps necessary to secure their access to their EOS tokens once the EOS network is live.
Now that this contract is frozen, the snapshot of accounts can begin. This process takes some time, as it has to pull all the data from the Ethereum blockchain and search out all transactions related to this contract. Once it has been taken by multiple groups in the community, the contents can be compared to ensure an accurate snapshot has been taken.
Stay tuned for the next EOS launch live update!
EOS Mainnet Launch Timeline
- Crowdsale of EOS Tokens is Now Closed
- Block.one Releases EOSIO v1.0
- EOS ERC-20 Smart Contract Frozen & Snapshot is Taken
- Community Agrees on the Contents of the Chain
- Community Verifies the Contents of the Chain
- Chain is Launched and Open For Voting
- 15% of All Tokens Have Been Cast