Day one of the hiveview project
So, today I took a stab at starting a django/python frontend for the steem blockchain and did so because I fear we may be needing options to steemit inc.'s condenser. There doesn't seem to be an opensource python alternative out there so why not just make one.
Well, I struggled for a while trying to get the url and views to talk to each other right and later found out the issue was with beem all along. If you were not already aware get_discussions() by any type (get_discussions_by_trending()) and so on do not function at all.
Invalid parameter is the exception thrown. Spent a good few hours trying to debug beem, when I decided the next logical thing to do was go back to the original steempy library. So, yes I am afraid this is an unholy amalgamation of the two at least in blog/views.py
(Routes done so far)
once that was done, it all began to fall into place
(Regex will give you nightmares)
Please feel free to lend a hand: GitHub link
Michael Garcia a.k.a. @thecrazygm