It's been awhile since I've spent any serious time on Steemit - but I've got over 500 followers and I may as well take advantage.
I'm a biased reviewer, as I'm currently part of the Airdrop on Bitcointalk.org, but I wanted to get the word out about a relatively new cryptocurrency, Deep Onion.
Let's start with the technical specs:
- X13 algorithm for PoW.
- 5 block transaction confirmations.
- 50 minted block confirmations.
- Total coins will be around 25 million after 10 years.
- There will be around 20 million coins produced by PoW of which 18 million ONIONs (90%) is premined at genesis block. The majority of these will be distributed FREELY to the community.
- About 2 million ONIONs will be mineable by the public.
So with that out of the way, what's the big deal?
Privacy, privacy, privacy.
Deep Onion is natively integrated with the TOR network where all it's connections are made.
If you're looking for a secure crypto with secure connections, this is the coin for you.
It's also amazing that the Devs are giving away most of this coin for free - especially if you look at it's recent price increases.
If you're not eligible for the Airdrop, be sure to pick some up on the Nova Exchange here:
Besides that, you should check out the thread on the Bitcointalk forum - it's one of the longest threads in the Altcoin Announcements forums: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2006010.0
You'll find a well motivated and connected community behind this coin that truly cares about it's success.
They were even kind enough to raise donations for the Texas hurricane victims here:
If you're into crypto, privacy and you're looking for a good community, get some Onions now!