Thoughts on Clay Art Contest Run 5
A big round of applause to everyone who entered the contest. Last week's contest was full of "sweet" entries. I could see how the entries varied from each other. In fact, the clay art snacks which were submitted definitely reflected the country of origin. It was really amazing to see different types of food choices and the stories behind them. We have had some very persistent clay artists and it is just amazing how creative each one is. There has been a trend going on as well where families come togther to create one clay art entry. It is so heartwarming to see families come together because of my contest. I do hope everyone has fun in the process of making these entries.
Commitment to Reward Quality Clay Artists
With that being said, I continue to pledge my dedication to rewarding quality clay art in Steemit. This wouldn't be possible without the generous offers and support from our sponsors, fellow steemians and loyal contestants. I do hope we reach a much bigger audience in time. I owe my gratitude to everyone who helped me with this contest.
This week's sponsor: A Community Builder and Servent-Leader
It is such an honor to welcome a very esteemed person of @steemph.cebu to be this week's sponsor. Out of the kindness of @ybanezkim26 who gladly promoted #clayartcontest, the request for funding was heeded by none other than @jassennessaj, one of the core leaders of the Cebu Steemit Community. He has always been a visionary and has believed in the capacity of the Cebuanos. In the span of months, the core leaders built the local community from scratch and have continued to envision a bright future for the community. I fully support their initiatives and I am in awe of their unwavering mindset.
Announcing the Winners
I proudly present the contestants and winners for this week's #clayartcontest. Anyways, here are the winners:
1st place: @tonie
2nd place: @grace44
I loved @grace44's post with her combination of fruits and deserts. I especially loved her layered cake. Everything look so appetizing.
3rd place: @bigboycrafts
This entry would have to be the most creative one yet. See how @bigboycrafts personified his snacks into very appealing miniature donuts.
4th place: @ohkaaay
If you are a Filipino, you would be fooled with how it totally looks like the streetfood we mostly see outside. Though it was simple, it didn't fail to represent her favorite snacks.
What do you think of a Banana + Pizza + Fries as a great combo in fast food chains? I surely would love to try out that combination.
Her burger, pizza and cupcake looked really delicious. She notes in her post how she is aware how unhealthy the choices were. I say it doesnt really hurt if we take them in moderation. We eventually have to reward ourselves with sweets occasionally.
This was actually the first entry for this week and it got me really excited when she submitted her entry. The post mentions how this was made with a 7 year old daughter and I could not be happier to imagine a child make such a wonderful piece of accessory.
@chelellbaguio made sure to emphasize the texture of her entry. That really made the snacks come alive. I believe she did well with her entry despite the lack of color choices. Great job!
@aadelalo made a lot of snacks. I really thought they were very large pieces but after she made a selfie, I can see how much effort she must have put in with how tiny the pieces are. Thanks for entering my contest for the first time
I was really expecting H to make her entry for this week and I was not disappointed with the results. The sliced egg looks real though haha. She also mentioned how this contest has already been a way for their family to bond with each other. I am such in awe to hear how this contest makes it possible for families to come together in the spirit of creativity. Hope to see you next week and I do hope you spend more time as a family :D
A Big Thanks to all the Sponsors!
This Weeks Clay Art Theme: Something that Scares You
If I were to join my own contest, I would definitely make a cockroach. I couldnt even dare to put up a photo of one.
It just makes the back of my neck itch like crazy. You make also make anything that literally makes your hairs go up and your heart pump faster. I will be waiting to get spooked out.
I urge you to make clay art featuring anything that scares you. This is really subjective so I would appreciate a writeup as to why you chose to make this one. Let your imagination run wild with the texture, colors, sizes and designs. Have fun!
About This Week's Contest
Here are the details for this week's #clayartcontest:
Like all contests here in Steemit, I need to lay down a few ground rules for everyone. I will use this as a basis whether your entry is considered official or not.
- Upvote this post: Hope that doesn't sound too much. I believe more upvotes on this post will merit more rewards later on :D
- Resteem: Not everyone is totally on board with this one as it disrupts the delicate layouting of their blog. But I do need a bit of exposure. You may resteem before making a post so your latest post appears on top.
- Make a post and use #clayartcontest as your main tag: This will make it easier to look for the entries
- Post the URL of your entry at the comments section below. I would also appreciate it if you upload the photo with your comment and URL so everyone can see your work!
- As of the moment, you may use any type of molding material. But I do prefer if you use modeling clay.
- Your post should include a short write-up. It could easily be a short explanation on how you made your entry. It does help to make your post more appealing. We are after Quality Content after all ;D
- Please nominate someone who you think would love to make clay art with us. Tag his/her name in your post for the nomination. He/She doesn't necessarily have to make an entry but it does make the game so much better.
- The contest will end 7 days after posting.
- I will be the judge for the contest and will focus more on the quality of the clay art and the short writeup.
Here is the updated reward pool of 5 SBD for this run. Once again, big thanks to @jassennessaj for his generosity. ANYONE CAN BE A SPONSOR! So if you support my concept, feel free to send your donation and I will be happy to distribute the rewards to quality artists.
- First Place - 2 SBD (Minnow Food)
- Second Place - 1.5 SBD (Minnow Bite)
- Third Place - 1 SBD (Minnow Scrap)
- Fourth Place - 0.5 SBD (Consolation)
- It's fun! How therapeutic what that be to spend a few minutes of your time molding clay into the desired theme. It won't take you long.
- All the entries will be featured in the next posts. I will also be occasionally resteeming a few entries which I find to be really spectatcular so everyone can see it.
- Minnow Food awaits you lol
This week may be a little hectic for me so I would most probably find it difficult to check on everyone's entry right away, however, I will most definitely get back to it once my schedule is free. I leave the upvotes to the curators of Steemit. So sorry for this.
If you want to see more Clay Art Entries or why I started this, you may click here:
- Clay Art Contest # 5 (5 SBD Prizepool) Your Favorite Snack | Entries and Winners for Last Week's @josejirafa Clay Art Contest # 4
- Clay Art Contest # 4
- Clay Art Contest # 3
- Clay Art Contest # 2
- Clay Art Contest Initial Run