The fantastic Christmas markets will return to Vienna again in 2018. Here are the most important dates and some useful information.
A photo from the Christmas market in front of the City Hall in Vienna - Shutterstock / Burben
There are lots of beautiful cities worth visiting before Christmas, but we dare to say that Vienna is the most beautiful of them all before Christmas. The reason is simple, Vienna is a giant Christmas market in itself. There are some beautiful Christmas markets worth visiting, but as you walk around in the city, you will discover small and larger markets everywhere. You will find people drinking hot wine everywhere, and the city is simply stunning. If you haven't been to Vienna before Christmas, 2018 is your year!
Want to know more about some of the most famous Christmas markets in Vienna? Check our short descriptions of the different Christmas markets in Vienna here.
Vienna Christmas market dates 2018
- The biggest and most famous Christmas market in Vienna is the one in front of the City Hall (Rathaus). This will be open from November 17th till December 26th in 2018.
- Another very nice Christmas market is the one by Belvedere. This will be open between November 23rd and December 26th in 2018.
- There is an annual Christmas market at Maria-Theresien Platz (between the Museum of Fine Arts and the Museum of Natural History). This will be open from November 21st till December 26th.
- If you haven't been to Schönbrunn yet, visit the castle between November 18th and December 26th to enjoy the Christmas markets there.
- The most special Christmas market in Vienna is located in Spittelberg. Here you have several small streets with stands everywhere. So, it is not a giant market, but lots of small streets making the entire area into a Christmas market maze (almost). It is absolutely worth a visit. It will be open from November 16th till December 23rd.
Have you got any questions related to the Christmas markets in Vienna? Write a comment and we will do our best to help you out!
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : http://www.viennawien.net/christmas-markets-in-vienna-in-2018/