Jeremiah 29:11 - “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
God wants us to always excel, to always prosper, and to always be successful. God makes everything beautiful for us in his own time. God blesses us differently, we are all born differently, God's blessings come to everyone differently. God cannot be questioned in how he wants to bless, when he wants to bless, and who he wants to bless.
Our assurance in God is this, that no matter how long we may have to wait for his blessings, no matter how many years may have passed us by, God will restore all the blessings and compensate for the lost years spent in waiting.
Joel 2: 25 - “And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.”
This year 2018, we must not give up on God, we must not take the things of God lightly, we must not joke with God. We must rather take time to know God more daily, each passing day should be spent in contemplation of God's wonders, greatness and goodness. As we draw closer to God each day, as we study his word to know him more and understand his will for us, God will turn us from nobodies to superstars.
What should you do to reach greater heights?
1. Put God first in all that you do and God will give you grace to reach greater heights. It is the grace of God that makes a man great. Without God's grace you will only find yourself struggling in everything you do
1 Corinthians 15:10 - “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.”
2. Be as humble as possible – walk in humility, and God will lift you up and exalt you
3. Practice God's principles of giving – without giving we cannot receive. This year make up your mind to be a cheerful giver in tithes, offerings firstfruits, gifts and our time, because God loves a cheerful giver.
Proverbs 3:9-10 - “Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.”
4. Have a heart of gratitude – In everything you must be thankful to God. In the little things, in the insignificant things, in the big things, in the significant things; in all things you must learn to show God how grateful you are for his help, because without God we cannot do anything of ourselves. It is God who made us and not ourselves.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 - “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
What should you do to remain at the greater height?
1. Stay away from sin. Sin brings a man down from the top. Therefore hate sin and run away from all appearances of evil
2. Watch the friends and company you keep, remember that evil communication corrupts good manners. Stay away from unhealthy relationships that dont add value to your spiritual, emotional and mental growth, and seek and encourage healthy relationships that help you grow more spiritually, emotionally and mentally.
Thank you for reading this article
Resteem your coolest article here (its free!):
Abasinkanga Resteem Service