Homemade Chicken Popcorn Recipe | Popcorn Chicken KFC Style
Welcome to My City Food Secret:
Homemade Chicken Popcorn Recipe. So Today i will be sharing an interesting recipe " Homemade Chicken Popcorn Recipe " which is very famous small bite of chicken in KFC Stores. I tried to make the Homemade Chicken Popcorn Recipe with my twist which means a easy way to make Homemade Chicken Popcorn Recipe .Come lets cook.
Ingredients for Popcorn Chicken:
- Chicken fillet/ boneless pieces cut into bite sized pieces- 250-300 gms
To be marinated with:
- Salt- 1/2 Tbs
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tbs
- Buttermilk- 1/2 cup
Flour mixture for breading:
All purpose flour (Maida)- 1 cup
Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder- 1/2 Tsp
Garlic powder- 1/2 Tsp
Oregano- 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1/2 Tsp
Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep frying
- Wash and pat dry the chicken fillets/ boneless pieces. Cut them into small bite sized pieces.
- Add these pieces into a bowl. Add salt, pepper powder and pour the buttermilk over it.
- Mix it well. Set aside for an hour.
For the breading:
- Take a square glass bowl/ baking dish and pour the flour/ maida. Add all the items indicated and mix it well.
- Now take out the marinated chicken pieces one at a time and drop them in the flour mixture. Once 5/6 are placed, dredge them well with the flour mixture and keep them side by side on a plate. Repeat in batches of 5/6.
- Once the oil is medium hot, drop the breaded chicken pieces one at a time and fry in batches, to not crowd the pan.
- Give a stir after around a minute, once the chicken pieces start floating to the top.
- Keep stirring to fry uniformly.
- After another 2-3 mins, reduce heat and remove once golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat the process for the next batches.