In 1855, all lower ranks, military workers' companies and battalions, sapper and pioneer battalions, was replaced by an infantry sword of 1846, with a curved blade, which had a copper handle with a handle.
In 1880, by order of the Military Department No. 70, the knifes were abandoned, in peacetime, in the arsenal of the Guards infantry, to drummers and musicians of army grenadiers, in all other weapons they were abolished.
In addition, the sword is appropriated to the military officers of the military schools. Also there was an adobe cleaver (an outer cleaver, a bayonet-cleaver): a cleaver who sat down (attached) to a rifle as a bayonet.