'Old Master's Painting'
When I walked into this hallway of an old city building, I got an idea immediately. I wanted to achieve the look of old masters. Aged oil on canvas look. The location was perfect, lit as it is. The elements very well fit the idea. So here you have it. Oil on canvas, aged with the darks. Tell me whose painting it reminds you of? I'll not say anything as it would steer you n the right direction. However, the old master I had in mind while making this photograph mostly did portraits. I tried to achieve the mood, the lighting and the colour scheme which he used quite often. but, this is not a portrait, of course.
I especially like the reflection in the left mirror. It gives the image a whole new, mysterious dimension. That mirror also helps divide the light tonality areas and therefore we get more dynamic. The old sink is almost invisible there in the dark. One needs to work to see it.
The overall structure of the photograph, achieved by grain, makes it unusual, very specific. If you imagine it clean, without all that, it would probably be less interesting.
©2018 Velimir Kovačić All rights reserved.
All images and text published in this post are my original work. I encourage everyone to use own texts, thoughts and images as much as possible. Be yourself and stay yourself. This is a proper way to build steemit.com steem platform. I do not have respect for dishonest authors. Also, bloggers actually DO matter!
• For good, inspirational read on various subjects follow: @gavvet
• For crypto news, follow always up-to-date @kingscrown 's blog on the subject.
• I really like to read @vcelier 's life story!
• @ezzy writes awesome stories and reviews. :)
• If you want to laugh away enjoy @meesterboom 's posts full of brisk humour and positive attitude!
• @thecryptodrive and @reggaemuffin are good guys who run good witness service!
• I suggest a visit to @adsactly society's blog if you feel like reading hi-quality posts about many themes daily provided by ADSactly society members!
Vote @adsactly-witness for your witnesses in the Witness Parliament. ADSactly Society is good people who will represent you well.
I'd like to extend my gratitude to everyone who continuously supports both of my ongoing projects (Motorcycle Travel Series and Art Photography Series). Big thank you for enjoying the content and appreciating my effort. This is what steemit.com is meant to be about.
I am a member of the @buildteam crew, innovative creators of @minnowbooster @steemvoter and @steemsports blockchain projects.
The @adsactly society is a meeting point for free thinking individuals who want to cooperate. It is a welcome addition to Steemit.com community. Feel free to ask about it.
The @adsactly society Discord channel is here: ADSactly You are welcome to join!