Tough Against The World, This Housewife Makes Its Own World - The Magical World of Harry Potter a Success Story JK Rowling
Bitter life she passed while writing a novel inspired by the train trip she did in 1990 ago. Rowling writes on the sidelines of her life taking care of her beloved baby. Amid the limited facilities and money capabilities that Rowling does not possess, she is forced to retype her script for not having the money to photocopy her novel. Rowling retype with the old typewriter several times to have a copy to be submitted to the publisher.
The first Harry Potter story entitled Harry Potter and The Sorcerer indirectly can be published. She had to swallow the bitter pill to be able to publish the book. A total of 12 publishers rejected the idea of ??her novel, because in those days fictional novels are not desirable.
Finally a publisher named Christopher Bloomsbury would publish this Rowling book. There is another news that Christopher refused the Harry Potter book, but Rowling gave the script to Christopher's son. When the child finished reading the story of Harry Potter it turns out Chris's son loved it and told his father. Finally first Harry Potter book published by him.
On June 30, 1997 Rowling's hard work can be published by Christopher's Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter's first series). A year later, the book was published by an American publisher named Scholastic under the title Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone.
In publication, Rowling's first name was forced to be abbreviated and use her last name, JK Rowling. This is because at that time female writers were not famous, so shortened to be seen as a male author.
The hard work of Rowling's struggle is sweet. Just a month from publishing the first Harry Potter series has been able to become a best seller. Rowling earns $ 4,000 dollars from her first book.
The second book was published the following year on 2 July 1998 under the title Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Then the third series came out on July 8, 1999 under the title Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Of these three Harry Potter series, Rowling was able to reap a profit of up to USD 480 million dollars in 2000 or one year after the 3 Harry Potter series was published. Her three books are printed in 35 languages and sell as much as 35,000,000 copies.
The bitter background she has eaten to the end, all kinds of suffering she has to go through so that success can be achieved with hard work. One of Rowling's well-known words is:
"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default."
Harry Potter's fourth book series was published on July 8, 2000 under the title Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. When this fourth book, Harry Potter is so popular that it immediately printed as many as 5.300.000 with an additional order of 1.800.000. It's fantastic.
In the early series of Harry Potter, Rowling is consistent to publish his book every year. The fifth series of books can only be published 3 years after the fourth book. namely in 2003 with the title of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This book is published simultaneously worldwide.
This delay may be because Rowling remarried. Rowling remarried in 2001 with a man named Dr. Neil Murray. Her marriage done in Scotland at the end of December 2001. Her marriage with Neil blessed with two children, a boy named David Gordon Rowling Murray and a girl named Mackenzie Jean Rowling Murray.
There is another mention of this publishing delay. It is said that Rowling is blank with the continuation of the Harry Potter series. This assumption is denied because she successfully complete Harry Potter to seven books
On July 16, 2005, the sixth series of Harry Potter books were released under the title Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This book is very selling well, this is evidenced by his book sold 3,000,000 in just 48 hours from the launch. This makes his book able to beat any book sales in the world
The seventh series of the Harry Potter series was published on July 21, 2007 under the title Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. This seventh series is the last series of Harry's witches long journey. In the launch, Rowling didn't believe that her book sold 11,000,000 copies in 48 hours since launch.
The story of Harry Potter according to the confession of JK Rowling the plot has been completed in the year 1990 when the first idea. Very genius is not it? JK Rowling's success story is remarkable. She proved that success can be achieved with endless hard work even in the very worst of circumstances.
Achievements And Interesting Things About JK Rowling and Harry Potter Success Stories
- JK Rowling is the richest and most successful woman who became a millionaire with a literary path.
- Her novel is the bestseller and beat any book sales in the world. It is said that only the holy book are able to defeat the sale of Harry Potter.
- JK Rowling got the Order of the British Empire from the Queen of England in 2000.
- JK Rowling earned the Writer Of The Year award in the UK.
- Her first book earned the prestigious Nestlé Smarties Book Prize in 1997.
- Harry Potter's novel is the best-selling novel of all time.
- Harry Potter's birth date is the same as JK Rowling's birthday, 31st July.
- JK Rowling is the fastest writer who became a billionaire.
- The Harry Potter trademark is valued at USD 15 billion.
- JK Rowling in the difficult times ever diagnosed with symptoms of depression and stress.
- The idea of Harry Potter she wrote on a piece of tissue paper on a trip to London. The thick first series, she finished with the typewriter and retyped his script until several times for not having money for photocopy.
- Her name in disguise to look like a man because the writer of women in the era was not very interested in her work.
- The rejection of Harry Potter novels by many publishers because at that time the story of a witch or mystic is not in interest, especially the book is so thick that the target children are not right.
- Rowling wrote her first book at the age of six with the title Rabbit.
- Rowling deliberately portrays the Harry Potter character as an orphan, same like herself.
- Rowling confessed that Hermione resembled her when she was a teenager.
- Rowling writes the names of the buildings in Hogwarts in the (first aid) bag of P3K because they have no paper.
- Rowling once thought of killing the character of Ron Weasley in the middle of the story, but it never happened until the story ended.
- The image of the supernatural creature that killed Dementors is a picture of her depression when in a state of slump.
- The last series book in Rowling's first chapter revised up to 15 times to fit the flow.
And there's the story about JK Rowling. Hope you like it and give more knowledge for you all. Follow @AllAboutArts for more interesting things about arts. See you in my next post guys...