This development update represents some adjustments, fixes, and new features related to the actifit.io official website, including but not limited to Steemconnect adjustment, SEO friendliness, layout enhancements and others as detailed below.
The website is built using Vue.js.
Please note that the commits were done using my business account Greateck instead of my own user mcfarhat.
Switching steemconnect from v2 to new standard domain: Commit Link
- Due to the fact that we are using a 3rd party plugin, we just implemented a workaround to avoid service disruption via removing the "v2." portion from the steemconnect link being currently returned.
Adding SEO friendly og tags: Commit Link Commit Link Commit Link
- The core of the visibility of any successful website is its SEO. We implemented og tags so as search engines can more properly fetch the proper information about actifit.io, but also equally important is the proper display of relevant logo and info upon sharing via social media. We also added the proper and new version of the Actifit logo, which is also optimized for SEO in terms of name and size (site speed).
Enhancements to the layout of the news section: Commit Link Commit Link
- While the general functionality of the News section looked nice as built by the developer, yet several aspects did not look as intended, and hence we made modifications for having it look much nicer and better aligned with our vision, and to look properly on different screen sizes.
Adding support for proper display and linking of steemit user names: Commit Link
- The display of steemit user names on the editor did not translate to proper and relevant steemit links. We implemented a regular expression approach to handle those cases.
Ensuring users are logged in before attempting to cast a vote: Commit Link
- The implementation by the dev did not include proper configuration and checks against the user being logged in or not. We implemented modifications so as the voting popup only occurs if the user had already logged in via steemconnect.
Adding Apple logo/button on website, along with delegation links and wording modifications: Commit Link
- Post the release of the Actifit iOS version, we needed to enable the Apple button along with the proper link to the app store, but also make some modifications to the front page wording and include easily accessible delegation links in case a user decides to do that straight away.
Further continuous improvements will be done on the actifit website, including a potential revamp of the main page content, adding some additional content pages, a delegators page, as well as some modifications as we adjust the voting reward approach.
How to contribute?
You can chat to us on the official actifit discord, or to me in discord private @mcfarhat#6013.
Contributions are accepted as pull requests to the official github repo.
We are having continuous tasks assigned to different contributors to our project. More official tasks are continuously announced :)