I’ll be honest. It’s been a challenge to be positive about anything the last couple of days. Today was one of those days that seemed never ending, not that I should be wishing any of my time away, but I struggled. What was wrong exactly? Everything and nothing. I saw the sad news about children being separated from their parents, my financial burdens felt particularly heavy today, my son accidentally poked me in the eye and caused it to go bloodshot, the baby wouldn’t take a nap, I had no time to blog (until now, in bed), the world news is generally upsetting, and many more reasons to worry and feel like I need to hide under a rock....
I didn’t feel like writing this post as I wasn’t feeling the positive vibes at all, until I read a post by @elsiekjay - read it here - which made me remember not to listen to the voices in my head, the voices of fear and doubt. My worries, although valid, are all self-made, and I was choosing to focus on them. Her post was the little kick up the backside that I needed tonight, and the reassuring whisper that I am not alone in my feelings. Thank you ❤️
- Write a post about something you have to be positive about today - this could be anything from being thankful for your current situation, someone being nice to you, being thankful for your friends and family, or even being thankful for the opportunity you have been given here on Steemit - just keep it positive :)
- Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated (with my life, I won't be doing it seven days in a row, but you can be sure I will write seven posts :)
- Mention three people who should do this on each day.
- Tag it with #7daypositivitychallenge and include these rules at the bottom of your post
- Include a picture of something positive (related to your story if possible)